Shahi Egg curry is a delicious and wholesome main course dish This scrumptious recipe is made from eggs and various spices. This dish is prefect when you have unexpected guests at your home. It is high on spice quotient and tastes amazing when paired with rice or roti. Try this delicious dish at your home.
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups tomato puree
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts, ground into paste
- Figaro Pure Olive Oil, for cooking
- Salt to taste
1. In a pan, add enough water and egg and cook for 9 min and once done, remove the shell of the egg and keep it aside.
2. Into a pestle and mortar, add the ginger and garlic and pound to make a coarse mixture and keep it aside.
3. In a pan, add in the olive oil, add the onions, pounded ginger and garlic and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add tomato puree, bay leaf, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder and fry it nicely
5. Add the cashew nut paste and the boiled eggs and cover it with a lid and cook for 5 to 10 minutes low flame and then add kasoori methi and switch off the flame and serve it hot with paratha.
By Meghna Nath